Equipment loans from the Arkansas Minority Health Commission are defined as requests to use AMHC health equipement and/or supplies for outreach events. Items offered by the AMHC include blood pressure machines, glucose monitors, cholesterol machines, scales and tape measures. The purpose of equipement loans are to provide screenings or access to screenings for hypertension, stroke and other diseases that disproportionately impact minorities, as well as to increase awareness of these diseases.
If you are interested in borrowing health equipment and/or supplies from the Arkansas Minority Health Commission, please note that:
- Requests should be made a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the event.
- The following forms are required: equipment loan, pre-event, screening data and post event forms. Forms can be downloaded from the AMHC website (see below) or emailed/faxed to individuals/organizations.
- Tobacco, heart disease and stroke fact sheets should be included in all orders.
- AMHC post event form and screening data form should be completed by the organzation and returned after the event.
Processing order for equipment
Before completing the equipment loan form, please note:
- The equipment section is completed by staff.
- An individual may receive multiple blood pressure machines and glucometers.
- An individual/organization may receive one cholesterol machine.
- Equipment may be picked up 7 days prior to the event.
- Equipment checked out Monday through Wednesday should be returned 2 days after the event.
- Equipment checked out Thursday through Friday should be returned on Monday.
Pick Up/ Delivery
Once your equipment loan is ready, you will be notified of pick-up of the equipment. All documents that you submit to the AMHC (pre-event, screening data, post event and collateral request) will be filed by the agency and entered into its annual report.
Download forms here:
Click the links below to download and complete AMHC's required forms for equipment loans:
All forms must be completed and emailed to AMHC's Grants Coordinator, Beatriz Mondragon at Beatriz.Mondragon@arkansas.gov or faxed to the AMHC at 501-686-2722.